All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Duck. Duck lives at my house. Duck thinks I'm the greatest. I'm Duck's hero. The narrator of this story assumes that Duck both loves and needs him. But when Duck goes missing, things like playing in the bath and story time lose their appeal. Great is the relief when Duck is discovered under a cushion - but even greater is the discovery that the narrator needs Duck just as much as Duck needs him.
- Author BiographyJANET A. HOLMES was born and grew up in Perth, Western Australia. After completing an Arts Degree at the University of Western Australia, Janet worked as a research assistant for various organisations and academics. Following a Graduate Diploma in Education, she worked as a teacher-librarian in a primary school. She then moved to Canberra where she still lives. Janet was a rare gem found amongst thousands of book submissions! Little Hare Books published her first picture book Me and You in 2008, followed by Duck in 2009 and Pink in August 2011. As a little boy, Jonathan Bentley liked football and drawing. When he was about eight years old he realised he wasn't going to be good enough to play football for Leeds United, so he concentrated on drawing instead. When he left school he studied at Brighton Polytechnic. Jonathan worked as a builder's labourer and kitchen hand for many years before he became a full-time illustrator, and he worked in London and Sydney before moving to Brisbane, Australia. Jonathan has been an Editorial Illustrator at the Courier Mail newspaper for ten years, and has illustrated books for Margaret Wild, The Wiggles and Andrew Daddo. Jonathan likes to work with a range of materials including acrylics, oils, and line and watercolour, and he looks forward to the day when he has a big barn-like studio somewhere in the countryside.
- Author(s)Janet A. Holmes
- PublisherHardie Grant Egmont
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLittle Hare
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight310 g
- Width177 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jonathan Bentley
- Reading Age2+
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.