All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Moorcock's work as a critic, as an editor and as a writer has made it easier for me and a whole generation of us to roam the 'moonbeam roads' of the literary multiverse. --from the Foreword by Michael Chabon Has there ever been a hero-or anti-hero-to match Elric of Melnibone, last emperor of an ancient civilization sunk into decadence and inhuman cruelty? Elric the albi, weary of life and enamored of death, bearer of the soul-devouring black sword Stormbringer, cursed to betray all he loves and to save that which he despises: In the unending battle between the forces of Law and Chaos, he is the wildest card of all. Del Rey proudly presents the fourth in its definitive collection of stories featuring fantasy Grand Master Michael Moorcock's greatest creation. Here is the full vel The Sailor on the Seas of Fate, the script of the DC comic Duke Elric, the new story The Flaneur des Arcades de l'Opera, essays by Moorcock and others, and a selection of classic artwork. Lavishly illustrated by Justin Sweet, with a Foreword by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon, Duke Elric is essential for all fans of the fantastic.
- Author BiographyMichael John Moorcock (born 1939) is a prolific British writer primarily of science fiction and science fantasy who has also published a number of literary novels. His most popular works by far have been the Elric novels. As editor of the controversial British science fiction magazine <i>New Worlds</i>, Moorcock fostered the development of the New Wave in the UK and indirectly in the U.S. He won the Nebula Award for his novella <i>Behold the Man</i>, which tells the story of a time traveler who takes on the role of Christ. He has also won the World Fantasy Award, the British Fantasy Award, and many others, and in 2008 was named a Grand Master by the Science Fiction Writers of America.
- Author(s)Michael Moorcock
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleChronicles of the Last Emperor of Melnibone
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.