All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom gcchi to pierogi to wontons, the dumpling has become synymous with comfort food around the world in quite different cultures. This book looks at the differences and similarities between the ways dumplings are prepared in a variety of cultures, whether they are stuffed or unfilled; steamed or boiled; served at an everyday meal or as a special food for festive occasions.After looking at just what makes a dumpling a dumpling and why they are called by that name, this book explores the many ways we have come to love this simple comfort food, sometimes even offering up monuments and poetry in its hour. Including traditional recipes for readers to make at home, Barbara Gallani shows us what makes the dumpling special in so many ways. A great resource for food and history enthusiasts alike, Dumplings reveals unique insights into this widely consumed and celebrated food.
- Author BiographyBarbara Gallani is Director of Food Safety and Science at the UK Food and Drink Federation. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Barbara Gallani
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleEdible
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Content Note60 illustrations, 40 in colour
- Weight363 g
- Width120 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.