Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating selection of photographs illustrates the extraordinary transformation that has taken place in Dunfermline over the past century. The book offers an insight into the daily lives and living conditions of local people and gives the reader a glimpse of familiar places during a period of unprecedented change. Many aspects of Dunfermline's recent history are covered, famous occasions and individuals are remembered and the impact of national and international events is witnessed. The book provides a striking account of the changes that have taken place on the streets of the town and records the process of transformation. Drawing on detailed local kwledge of the community, and illustrated with a wealth of black and white photographs, this book recalls what has changed in Dunfermline in terms of buildings, traditions and ways of life. It also ackwledges and celebrates the character and energy of local people from the Victorian age to the twenty-first century.
- Author(s)Bruce Durie
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, ports.
- Weight290 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.