Dust: The Inside Story of Its Role in the September 11th Aftermath by Paul J. Lioy (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite exhaustive reports about the September 11th attacks at the World Trade Center, one report examines the dust that poured from the skies as the buildings collapsed in as much personal and technical detail as Lioy offers here. From his own experiences examining and analyzing the dust, to his work with the various agencies involved in the aftermath of the disaster, the author puts together a compelling examination of the dust itself and the agencies, mechanisms, and people in place to deal with it. This completely fresh perspective sheds new light on one of our nation's darkest moments.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Lioy is a Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He is Deputy Director for Government Relations and Director of Exposure Science at the Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute of Rutgers University and RWJMS-UMDNJ. Dr. Lioy received the International Society of Exposure Science (ISES) Jerome Wesolowski Award for Lifetime Achievement in Exposure in 1998, the Frank Chambers Award for lifetime achievement in Air Pollution from the Air and Waste Management Association in 2003, and the Rutgers University Graduate School's Distinguished Alumnus award in Mathematics, Engineering and Physical Sciences in 2008. He received a National Conservation Award from the Daughters of the American Revolution, and their Founders Trustees, Ellen Hardin Walworth Medal for Patriotism in 2009. He has served on the Science Advisory Board, US EPA, and the National Research Council, Board of Toxicology and Environmental Studies. He is a founder and past-president of the ISES. Dr. Lioy is an associate editor of the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, and of the Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology. He has published over 245 scientific papers and other publications. Honorable Thomas H. Kean, served as Governor of the State of New Jersey 1982-1990, and during his term was rated as one of the nation's most effective leaders by Newsweek magazine. In 2002 he was appointed by President Bush as Chairman, 9/11 Commission. The Commission's Report, released in July of 2004 became a national bestseller, and its recommendations resulted in the largest intelligence reform in the nation's history. He was President of Drew University, Madison, NJ from 1990 through 2005, stressing teaching, creative use of technology in the liberal arts, and international education. Currently he serves on numerous boards, and has a regular column with The Star Ledger, NJ.
- Author(s)Paul J. Lioy
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/03/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight558 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byThomas H. Kean
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.