All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn Dutch Clark: The Life of an NFL Legend and the Birth of the Detroit Lions, Chris Willis tells the remarkable story of an athlete from a small town in Colorado who would become one of the NFL's greatest players. Throughout his seven-year NFL career (1931-1932, 1934-1938), quarterback Dutch Clark was selected first team NFL All-Pro six times, led the league in scoring three times, was team captain of the Detroit Lions, and helped the Lions win the 1935 NFL Championship in just their second season in Detroit. Supplemented with archival interviews, never-before-seen photos, newspaper quotes, and anecdotes, Dutch Clark tells the rags-to-riches story of one of the NFL's first stars.
- Author BiographyChris Willis has worked at NFL Films as the head of the research library since 1996. He has written three books on early pro football, including Old Leather: An Oral History of Early Pro Football in Ohio, 1920-1935 (2005), The Columbus Panhandles: A Complete History of Pro Football's Toughest Team, 1900-1922 (2007), and The Man Who Built the National Football League: Joe F. Carr (2010), all published by Scarecrow Press.
- Author(s)Chris Willis
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note32 black & white halftones, 1 tables
- Weight776 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword bySteve Sabol
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.