All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a significant number of Americans had to prepare meals in the out of doors-colonists, pioneers moving west, cowboys working the range, or sheep herders-they needed something portable to cook their food in. Iron casters filled that need by turning out various pots, pans, and ovens to be carried to cabins, campfires, wagon trains, and camping trails. One such vessel was the Dutch oven, which had been in use for generations. Dutch Ovens Chronicled offers a history of the development, care, and use of these ovens, complete with photos and recipes. This authoritative, informative, and eminently readable guide will be appreciated by outdoor enthusiasts, antiquarians, and history buffs alike.
- Author BiographyJohn G. Ragsdale graduated from the University of Arkansas, USA in 1947 with an engineering degree. He worked as a petroleum engineer in several states and Canada before retiring in 1992. He has served for many years as a volunteer at local and national events for the Boy Scouts of America. He is the author of Camper's Guide to Outdoor Cooking.
- Author(s)John G. Ragsdale
- PublisherUniversity of Arkansas Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFayetteville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arkansas Press
- Content Note24 photographs
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.