All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Gallery, London, is home to a world-rewned collection of Dutch paintings that includes masterpieces by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Hals, Cuyp, and Ruisdael, among many others. Still lifes painted with painstaking attention to detail, sublime landscapes, vividly human portraits, and intimate interiors: these beloved paintings tell the story of the Dutch Golden Age, when art, science, and trade thrived. Now the National Gallery's popular 2007 guide to the collection has been revised, featuring an elegant new design and an extended introduction that examines why painting flourished in the 17th-century Dutch Republic, and why it is so enduringly popular today. Striking image details enhance the book and updated, informative texts accompany each work of art. Accessible and illuminating, this guide is essential reading for anyone with an interest in Dutch painting.
- Author BiographyMarjorie E. Wieseman is curator of Dutch and Flemish paintings at the National Gallery, London.
- Author(s)Marjorie E. Wieseman
- PublisherNational Gallery Company Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleNational Gallery London
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Gallery Company Ltd
- Content Note43 colour illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width210 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.