All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Aliki Barnstone: All of a sudden I understand why I like Aliki Barnstone's poems so much. They remind me of the one she has studied most - shall we call her master - that Emily Dickinson! Not in the forms, t, as such, in the music, and t in the references; but in that weird intimacy, that eerie closeness, that absolute confession of soul. She has the rare art of distance and closeness. It gives her fine music, her wisdom, her form. She is a fine poet. (Gerald Stern). For Aliki Barnstone, poetry seems a natural medium. The vision and cadences of these poems suggest a sensibility for which poetry is as inevitable as breathing or eating. (Robert Pinsky).
- Author BiographyALIKI BARNSTONE S eight books of poetry include Bright Body and Dear God, Dear Dr. Heartbreak: New and Selected Poems (Sheep Meadow, 2009). The translator of The Collected Poems of C.P. Cavafy, she is Professor of English and Creative Writing at the University of Missouri.
- Author(s)Aliki Barnstone
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight91 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.