All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionDeath is a very badly kept secret; such an unmentionable and taboo topic that there are over 750 books w in print asserting that we are igring the subject.At time in history has there been so much attention paid to death as a subject for scholarly and literary study,clinical and research attention,or for cynical commercial exploitation. We have exceeded even the literary genre of the Ars Moriendi,which advanced the study of the art of dying some 500 years ago.Such an interest has a long and distinguished history,as we have demonstrated in the recent Ar Press series of reprints of classic works. Those who naively believe that the onlie begetter of Thanatology lived in Manhattan,or who sbbishly frown on the very term Thanatology as ugly modern jargon,should attend to their study of history. The earliest use I have encountered of this term in its modern sense is in the book,in the Bibliotheque Imperial ,Paris: THANATOLOGIA-- Sive in Mortis Naturam Causas,Genera ac Species,et diagsi Disquisitiones;published in Goettingen,in 1795.
- Author(s)M. A. Simpson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight447 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.