All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionColin, a previously fit and healthy man was admitted to hospital with a mir abdominal complaint and was discharged three weeks later in a body bag. What had happened? Where were the answers? This is a true account of a catastrophic medical accident, its impact on the family and the battle for truth and justice that ensued. The story takes us on a journey from Colin's untimely death, to the Jury Inquest, to a Government Review, to a General Medical Council enquiry and finally to Tony Blair, the then Prime Minister. It is a story to inspire and encourage those who are forced to travel the same road and one which demonstrates that resilience and determination will lead to answers.
- Author BiographyDying for Answers is my second book. The first is a novel entitled Aspiration Perspiration Desperation which is inspired by my long career in social work and those I met along the way. I left school at fifteen without qualifications and trained as a secretary. I worked in industry and commerce before leaving work to have my children. When my children were small I worked part time as both a cleaner and a waitress to make ends meet but I felt I wanted to achieve something in life. I decided to use this time get an education and after gaining O and A levels I surprised myself by being accepted at Coventry University for study for a degree. After gaining a BA (Hons), I went on to Warwick University where I obtained a Masters and a Social work qualification. I spent many years as a social worker in the inner city and also in a County team. I then changed direction and worked Managing a team of Counsellors/trainers in an Employee welfare setting. Although I had always loved writing, the business of earning a living and raising a family got in the way and the writing was put on the back burner. I had started a novel but had only got as far as two chapters. In 2002 my partner died as a result of a devastating medical accident and the following year I took early retirement from work. I found retirement was not for me and after I had recovered a little, I returned to Social work a couple of days a week. I told myself that this would now be the opportunity to write and I did feel strongly that I needed to write about the events around my partners death but somehow I could not find the motivation. All that changed when a friend invited me to a psychic supper although sceptic I thought it would be fun. My friends knew I wanted to write and were very shocked when a medium told me that he had a message from my late partner. He said he is telling you to pick up that pen and just get on with it. Well I did pick up the pen and I completed my first novel Aspiration Perspiration Desperation. I retired again recently! But this time I saw it as a liberation and I enjoy every minute. It has given me the opportunity to write Dying for Answers which is really close to my heart and I have just started my third book. My time now is spent writing, attempting to learn Spanish, travelling at every opportunity, spending time in the family place in Portugal, creating a beautiful garden and being with my two beautiful little grand-daughters.
- Author(s)Kath Lee
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.