All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- Description'Dying to Live' is a radical exploration of the life of Jesus through the memories of Peter the Apostle and his translator Mark. It is a journey, t a destination. It is a continuing quest t in search of integrity but to preserve it. This book offers glimpses of a deeper relevant spirituality for today. The starting point is that the 'Gospel' of Mark was written as an interpretive biography, t as sacred text. To over-spiritualise the reading of Mark is to miss the real Jesus contained within its pages. To follow Jesus is t so much concerned with 'right belief' as it is about how one lives. Jesus accepted people as they were and especially offered the outsider and the rejected dignity and a sense of personal worth. Churches have rightly encouraged charitable giving, especially to the poor and the outcast, but its creeds and doctrines have misrepresented the transformational life and teaching of Jesus, masking the hard cost of discipleship required to address the underlying root causes of violence, hunger and poverty in a world of plenty.
- Author BiographyJohn Churcher is a Methodist Church minister offering a radical 'voice from the edge', supporting those on the brink of church life and those who have left owing to their rejection of creeds, doctrines and traditions.
- Author(s)John Churcher
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCircle Books
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.