All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- Description'I consider myself a poet first and a musician second' 'It ain't the melodies that're important man, it's the words' There is shortage of books about Bob Dylan. This one, however, is unique in its approach and the virtuosity of its execution. Ricks examines Dylan's songs through the biblical concepts of the seven deadly Sins, the four cardinal Virtues and the three Heavenly Graces. He does so with what one critic has described as 'an ultimately irresistible combination of laser-like intelligence with a fan's exuberant idolatry'.
- Author BiographyChristopher Ricks is Warren Professor of the Humanities, and Co-Director of the Editorial Institute, at Boston University, having formerly been professor of English at the Universities of Bristol and Cambridge. He is a member of the Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers, of which he was president from 2007 to 2008. He was Professor of Poetry at Oxford from 2004 to 2009.
- Author(s)Christopher Ricks
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.