All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thoroughly updated edition of Dynamic Asset Pricing Theory , the standard text for doctoral students and researchers on the theory of asset pricing and portfolio selection in multiperiod settings under uncertainty. The asset pricing results are based on the three increasingly restrictive assumptions: absence of arbitrage, single-agent optimality, and equilibrium. These results are unified with two key concepts, state prices and martingales. Technicalities are given relatively little emphasis, so as to draw connections between these concepts and to make plain the similarities between discrete and continuous-time models. Readers should be particularly intrigued by this latest edition's most significant new feature: a chapter on corporate securities that offers alternative approaches to the valuation of corporate debt. Also, while much of the coninuous-time portion of the theory is based on Brownian motion, this third edition introduces jumps - for example, those associated with Poisson arrivals - in order to accommodate surprise events such as bond defaults. Applications include term-structure models, derivative valuation, and hedging methods. Numerical methods covered inc
- Author BiographyJ. Darrell Duffie is the James Irvin Miller Professor of Finance at the Graduate School of Business. Stanford University. He teaches and does research in the area of asset valuation, risk management, credit risk modeling, and fixed-income and equity markets. His other books include Security Markets, Stochastic Models, and Futures Markets.
- Author(s)Darrell Duffie
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 tables, 12 line illus.
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.