Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionFor classes in Physical Education Instruction Tools and Techniques for the Next Generation of Physical Education Teachers Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children delivers comprehensive techniques on skill development, activity promotion, and physical fitness behaviors, designed to broaden the role and preparation of future and existing physical educators. Physical Education instructors are under pressure to teach more with fewer resources, and this comprehensive text is here to help. The Eighteenth Edition teaches students how to tailor activities to a range of abilities and make classes valuable for all children, regardless of their aptitude for athletics, and adapt games for classroom use if a gym or other open space is t available. Whether students have previous teaching experience, are currently teaching, or haven't yet taught in a classroom setting, this text will quickly bring them up to speed on current Physical Education practices to help the next generation live active and healthy lives.
- Author BiographyRobert P. Pangrazi, Ph.D., taught for 31 years at Arizona State University, Tempe, in the Department of Exercise Science and Physical Education, and is now Professor Emeritus. An AAHPERD Honor Fellow and a Fellow in the Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education, he was honored by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) with the Margie Hanson Distinguished Service Award. He is a best-selling author of numerous books and texts over the years, including multiple editions of Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children and Dynamic Physical Education for Secondary School Children, with Paul W. Darst (Pearson). He co-edited Toward a Better Understanding of Physical Fitness and Activity: Selected Topics, for the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, with Chuck Corbin (a McGraw-Hill fitness and wellness author). In addition to numerous other books and texts, he has written many journal articles and scholarly papers for publication. Aaron Beighle, Ph.D., is Associate Professor at the University of Kentucky, Lexington in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion, teaching Physical Education Methods courses. In addition to numerous scholarly articles and other academic materials and frequent chapter contributions to a number of widely-used texts including previous editions of Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children, he co-authored Pedometer Power (2e, 2007, Human Kinetics), and Physical Activity for Children: A Statement of Guidelines for Children Ages 5-12 (2e, 2004, NASPE). His areas of research include physical activity promotion, specifically examining school-based physical activity programs, and the use of pedometers to encourage physical activity for youth.
- Author(s)Aaron Beighle,Robert P. Pangrazi
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Weight2472 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks
- Edition Statement18th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.