Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph describes the mechanical, physical, and chemical phemena in powders and other heterogeneous materials under high- pressure dynamic deformation. The discussion does t take the traditional approach based on the Hugoniot equations, but views the topic from the point of view of nlinear phemena and materials science, emphasizing those aspects of the behavior that are sensitive to structural details. Based on experimental observations, the treatment: - focuses on strongly nlinear phemena, such as shock waves, solitons, and localized shear - takes into account effects of materials structure whose size is on the same order as the scale of parameter variation (such as the shock front or shear band thickness) - concentrates on situations t readily found elsewhere in the literature - presents experimental results in a manner that allows others to repeat the experiments or them for validation in analytical or numerical modeling - introduces models that can be verified by experiments Intended for graduate students as well as researchers, the book includes more than ninety problems at the ends of chapters to help the reader develop a deeper understanding of the material.
- Author(s)Vitali Nesterenko
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/10/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleShock Wave and High Pressure Phenomena
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note199 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables, biography
- Weight807 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.