Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $186.30+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis major textbook provides comprehensive coverage of the analytical tools required to determine the dynamic response of structures. The topics covered include: formulation of the equations of motion for single- as well as multi-degree-of-freedom discrete systems using the principles of both vector mechanics and analytical mechanics; free vibration response; determination of frequencies and mode shapes; forced vibration response to harmonic and general forcing functions; dynamic analysis of continuous systems;and wave propagation analysis. The key assets of the book include comprehensive coverage of both the traditional and state-of-the-art numerical techniques of response analysis, such as the analysis by numerical integration of the equations of motion and analysis through frequency domain. The large number of illustrative examples and exercise problems are of great assistance in improving clarity and enhancing reader comprehension. The text aims to benefit students and engineers in the civil, mechanical, and aerospace sectors.
- Author BiographyDr. Jag Mohan Humar, is currently Distinguished Research Professor of Civil Engineering at Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada. Dr. Humar obtained his Ph.D. from Carleton University in 1974. He joined Carleton as a faculty member in the Department of Civil Engineering in 1975 and became a full professor in 1983, and served as the Chairman of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering from 1989 to 2000. Dr. Humar's main research interest is in structural dynamics and earthquake engineering. He has published over 120 journal and conference papers in this and related areas. He is also the author of a book entitled Dynamics of Structures, published by Prentice Hall, USA in 1990. The second edition of the book has been published by Balkema Publishers of Netherlands in 2002. In February 2000 Dr. Humar led a Canadian Scientific mission to Gujarat to study the damage caused by the Bhuj earthquake. Dr. Humar is actively involved in the development of seismic design provisions of the National Building Code of Canada. Over the last 15 years he has served as a member of the Standing Committee on Earthquake Design, an advisory body to National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) for its seismic design provisions. During these years the NBCC seismic provisions have undergone substantial revisions, and many of the changes and new requirements have been influenced by Dr. Humar's work in the field. Along with teaching, academic administration, and research, Dr. Humar has also been active in engineering consulting He served as a special consultant for several outstanding civil engineering projects, including the National Aviation Museum in Ottawa and the SkyDome in Toronto. He was a seismic design consultant on several other projects, which include the Earthquake Response Study of the Alexandria Bridge across the Ottawa River, Seismic Rehabilitation of the Victoria Museum, Ottawa, Blast Load Analysis of the Mackenzie Tower, Parliamentary Precinct, Ottawa. He also served as a member and chair of the experts panel to review the seismic rehabilitation and upgrade of the West Block, Parliamentary Precinct, Ottawa. Dr. Humar has received several awards for his outstanding contributions to teaching, research, engineering practice, and the profession. Dr. Humar serves as a field referee for many international journals including the ASCE Journals of Structures and Engineering Mechanics, the Journal of Sound and Vibration, the Journal of Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, and the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. For 7 years he served as an Associate Editor for the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. Currently he is the Associate Editor of the International Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics.
- Author(s)J. Humar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1973 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.