Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThrough careful analysis, fearless speculation, and creative imagination, Dynamics of Time and Space awakens our natural affinity with kwledge. Twenty-five exercises transform ways of thinking and understanding.
- Author(s)Tarthang Tulku
- PublisherDharma Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/1994
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Series TitleTime, space, & knowledge
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDharma Publishing,U.S.
- Weight517 g
- Width144 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- np_kin328 Oct, 2016by
Expansive Tibetan philosophy
This is an extremely dense read that challenges ideas of substance, causation and epistemology as commonly understood, particularly in the West. Tarthang Tulku explains a world derived from a vast corpus of work based on meditative experience using concepts current in dominant scientific thought. It is worth spending some time on and the reader would benefit from a prior understanding of Tibetan Buddhist philosophy, particularly the evolution of the skandas. He directly challenges the reader to see beyond 'objective reality' to a world that does not make the subject a deficit to knowing. Well worth the effort and potentially life-changing. The last section offers exercises that may be useful to practise before reading the text a second time.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New