Dyslexia: A Parents' Guide to Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Other Learning Difficulties by Dr. Helen Likierman, Valerie Muter (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany children spend their entire school lives struggling with their school work. Research has shown that at least 10-15 per cent of children with apparently rmal learning ability will have a significant problem with school learning. They may feel that whatever they do it is t good eugh - either for their parents, their teachers or indeed themselves. This can often result in feelings of demoralisation, and even alienation from learning and school. This book aims to address these issues and to help parents understand and deal with them. Dyslexia: A Parents' Guide starts by correcting common misconceptions of learning difficulties that are rife in the press and popular literature, and addresses the conflicting approaches and advice from 'experts'. This authoritative guide then moves through diagsis - with information on dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, discalculia and more - to offering practical and easy tips to enable parents to help their child overcome their learning difficulty. Both authors are practising psychologists with extensive kwledge and experience of children's learning difficulties. They will show parents how to develop a successful approach to assessing and subsequently managing their child's difficulties.
- Author BiographyDr Valerie Muter is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Great Ormond St Children's Hospital where she specialises in working with children with both developmental and neurologically-based learning disorders. She holds an Honorary Research Fellowship at the Centre for Reading and Language, University of York, and has carried out extensive collaborative research into reading development and dyslexia with Professor Margaret Snowling, the UK's leading authority on dyslexia.She was a consultant psychologist at the Dyslexia Institute (now Dyslexia Action) for 20 years. Dr Helen Likierman is a consultant clinical psychologist working with families and children (from pre-schoolers to older adolescents) where there are concerns about learning, behaviour or emotional state. She was a consultant psychologist at the Dyslexia Institute (now Dyslexia Action) for 3 years. Currently, she works as a school counsellor and also holds a regular clinic for assessing children with learning difficulties and advising teachers and parents. She is married with two children, one of whom (her son, now aged 16) is dyspraxic and dyslexic. www.psykidz.co.uk.
- Author(s)Dr. Helen Likierman,Valerie Muter
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, forms
- Weight260 g
- Width135 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.