All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionE-logistics serves as the nerve system for the whole supply chain and enables smooth information flow within and between organizations. This contributed book focuses on the strategic role of e-logistics in today's dynamic global environment. In E-Logistics international experts from both academia and industry examine how competitiveness and productivity in transport, logistics and supply chain management can be improved using e-logistics systems and techlogies. A variety of successful e-logistics business approaches are discussed covering a range of commercial sectors and transport modes. Separate chapters consider e-logistics developments for air freight; rail freight; road freight; sea transport and port systems. Subsequent chapters address in depth support systems for B2C and B2B e-commerce and e-fulfilment, warehouse management, RFID, electronic marketplaces, global supply network visibility, and service chain automation. Industry case studies are used to support the discussion. The book also investigates emerging techlogies in e-logistics and considers what the future might hold in this rapidly changing and developing field.
- Author BiographyDr Yingli Wang is a lecturer in logistics and operations management at Cardiff Business School. Her research on e-logistics dates back to early 2000's and has attracted funding from various funding bodies such as Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, European Regional Development Funding, Welsh Government, Highways England, and Department for Transport. Before embarking on her academic career, she worked for about 8.5 years at Nestle China in various senior managerial roles. Dr Stephen Pettit is a member of the Transport and Shipping Research Group within the Logistics and Operations Management Section at Cardiff Business School. He has been involved in a wide range of transport-related research projects, notably for the UK Department of Transport and the European Commission. His recent research has focused on international logistics, port operations and management, and the application of information and communication technology in the fields of transport, logistics and supply chain management.
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight797 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byStephen Pettit,Yingli Wang
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.