All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionE. M. Forster's writings have enjoyed remarkable popularity since the early years of the twentieth century. Their strongly visual quality, vividly evoking the English landscape as well as the more exotic settings of Italy and India, has lent itself to adaptation in several highly successful films. Forster's masterpiece A Passage to India, has a powerful popular appeal and an assured place in the English literary heritage. This guide seeks to explore creatively the fascination of Forster's writing and to show how interesting ideas can emerge from close reading of extracts from the vels. The approach is open-minded. Readers are encouraged to think for themselves, enjoy evolving their own interpretations and have confidence in the judgements they arrive at. Detailed analysis brings out the delicate balance of the vels - the humour, irony and ambiguity underlying the urbane, readable surface, and their unique blending of realism, comedy and romance. The result is a deeper appreciation of the subtlety and range of Forster's ideas, the technical mastery of his work, and the unconventional cast of his mind.
- Author BiographyMIKE EDWARDS was previously Head of Humanities at Crosskeys College, Gwent. He is the author of Charlotte Bronte in the Analysing Texts series.
- Author(s)Mike Edwards
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/10/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnalysing Texts
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight311 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.