Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionE. Pauline Johnson (Tekahionwake) was a Native advocate of part-Mohawk ancestry, an independent woman during the period of first-wave feminism, a Canadian nationalist who also advocated strengthening the link to imperial England, a popular and versatile prose writer, and one of modern Canada's best-selling poets. Johnson longed to see the publication of a complete collection of her verse, but that wish remained unfulfilled during her life. Nine decades after her death, the first complete collection of all of Pauline Johnson's kwn poems, many painstakingly culled from newspapers, magazines, and archives, is w available. In response to the current recognition of Johnson's historical position as an immensely popular and influential figure of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, this volume also presents a representative selection of her prose, including fiction about native-settler relations, journalism about women and recreation, and discussions of gender roles and racial stereotypes. Edited by Carole Gerson and Veronica Strong-Boag, authors of the enthusiastically received Paddling Her Own Cae: Times and Texts of E. Pauline Johnson (Tekahionwake), this collection exhibits the same impeccable scholarship and is essential to a full understanding of Johnson as a major Canadian writer and cultural figure.
- Author BiographyCarole Gerson is Professor of English at Simon Fraser University. Veronica Strong-Boag is a professor emerita at the Institute for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice and the Department of Educational Studies, University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)E. Pauline Johnson
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note8 halftones
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCarole Gerson,Veronica Strong-Boag
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.