Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe interest earned on a bank account, the arrangement of seeds in a sun flower, and the shape of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis are all intimately connected with the mysterious number e . In this informal history, Eli Maor portrays the curious characters and the elegant mathematics that lie behind the number. Designed for the reader with only a modest background in mathematics and illuminates a golde era in the age of science.
- PrizesRunner-up for AAP/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Awards: Mathematics and Statistics 1994.
- Author(s)Eli Maor
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/1998
- Series TitlePrinceton Science Library
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Out-of-print date23/07/2013
- Content Note6 halftones 74 line illus.
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.