All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMany LEAs are currently addressing the underachievement of children learning English as an additional language, especially in the early years. Through their training courses on supporting children learning English as an Additional Language Anita and Sue have struggled to find a book to recommend that simplifies the key messages and that is relevant to current practice. This has inspired them to write it themselves! This book provides practical suggestions and guidance on supporting young children learning English as an additional language. It concludes with a tool for self-reflection and evaluation.
- Author BiographyDr Anita Soni has worked with early years practitioners for a number of years in the West Midlands, particularly in Birmingham and Worcestershire. Anita began her career as a teacher in Reception classes, before qualifying as an Educational Psychologist with a particular interest in early years. Anita currently works for some primary schools and Children's Centres as an independent Educational Psychologist. In addition she regularly writes and delivers training to a range of practitioners on issues related to the Early Years Foundation Stage as part of Early Years Solutions Ltd. Anita has particular interests in the personal, social and emotional development of young children, early intervention and developing an understanding of the children and parent's perspectives. She is passionate about supporting early years practitioners to reflect on and further develop their practice in order to make a positive difference to the children and families they work with.
- Author(s)Anita Soni,Sue Bristow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitlePractitioners' Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.