All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionAs communication skills decline in people with dementia, a supportive environment becomes crucial to a resident's ability to express needs and desires. But how do you recognise what physical and social changes will help improve functioning, communication, and quality of life? The Environment & Communication Assessment Toolkit (ECAT) for Dementia Care is your answer. This evidence-based toolkit includes the tools you need to assess, intervene, and modify on an individualised basis to ensure the quality of life for people with dementia. Use the validated Assessment Forms, and in three easy-to-follow steps you will be able to assess activity performance with quick yes/ questions; evaluate the environment to identify barriers and problems; and pinpoint individualised recommendations for intervention. ECAT's developers are researchers and experienced clinicians who have made sure that ECAT integrates effortlessly into evaluation and treatment sessions; helps keep up case load demands with creative solutions; satisfies regulatory requirements; leads to straightforward functional therapeutic interventions; and identifies low-cost, person-centred environmental modifications. ECAT for Dementia Care has more than 300 specific recommendations for interventions and modifications that will reduce typical problems encountered during routine activities of daily living for people with dementia. With the ECAT's functionally based assessment and intervention system, you will be fully equipped with solutions. Environment & Communication Assessment Toolkit for Dementia Care (ECAT) Assessment Form Packs contain 12pp saddle-stitched booklet (that includes the 6pp Evaluation of Personal Spaces Assessment Form and the 5pp Evaluation of Public Spaces Assessment Form), in shrink-wrapped packages of 15.
- Author BiographyMargaret P. Calkins, Ph.D., is President of I.D.E.A.S. Inc. (Innovative Designs in Environments for an Aging Society), a consultation, education, and research firm dedicated to exploring the therapeutic potential of the environmenta social and organizational as well as physicala particularly as it relates to older adults who are frail and impaired. She is also Senior Fellow Emeritus of the Institute on Aging and Environmental at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Dr. Calkins holds degrees in both psychology and architecture. A member of several national organizations and panels that focus on issues of care for older adults with cognitive impairment, she speaks frequently at conferences nationally and internationally. She has published extensively, and her book Design for Dementia: Planning Environments for the Elderly and the Confused (National Health Publication, 1998) was the first comprehensive design guide for special care units for people with dementia. Dr. Calkins is Director and a founding member of SAGE (Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments), and has been a juror for numerous design competitions
- Author(s)Carrie Bruce,Jennifer Brush,Jon A. Sanford,Margaret P. Calkins
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains 15 copies of Pamphlet
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.