All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe EU has been the region of the world where the most climate policies have been implemented, and where practical policy experimentation in the field of the environment and climate change has been taking place at a rapid pace over the last twenty-five years. This has led to considerable success in reducing pollution, decoupling emissions from ecomic growth and fostering global techlogical leadership. The objective of the book is to explain the EU's climate policies in an accessible way, to demonstrate the step-by-step approach that has been used to develop these policies, and the ways in which they have been tested and further improved in the light of experience. The book shows that there is single policy instrument that can bring down greenhouse gas emissions, but the challenge has been to put a jigsaw of policy instruments together that is coherent, delivers emissions reductions, and is cost-effective. The book differs from existing books by the fact it covers the EU's emissions trading system, the energy sector and other ecomic sectors, including their development in the context of international climate policy. Set against the backdrop of the 2015 UN Climate Change conference in Paris, this accessible book will be of great relevance to students, scholars and policy makers alike.
- Author BiographyJos Delbeke has been the Director-General of the European Commission's Directorate-General for Climate Action since its creation in 2010 (ongoing). He holds a Ph.D. in economics (Louvain, 1986) and lectures at the University of Louvain, Belgium, on European and international environmental policy. Peter Vis is the EU Visiting Fellow at St. Antony's College, University of Oxford (UK), for the academic year 2014-2015. Prior to that he was Head of Cabinet to Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action (2010-2014). He has an MA (history) from the University of Cambridge (UK).
- PublisherOffice for Official Publications of the European Communities
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLuxembourg
- Country of PublicationLuxembourg
- ImprintOffice for Official Publications of the European Communities
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJos Delbeke,Peter Vis
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.