All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA critical overview of European Union energy law and policy, this book takes a law-in-context approach as it examines the development of EU energy law from the 1950s to the present day. It discusses the development of EU energy law; the application of general EU law into energy; the regulation of EU energy markets; international aspects of EU energy law; and policy, sustainability, and energy regulation. Presenting an up-to-date overview of EU energy law and policy and a critical analysis of its sub-areas, the book extends the discussion from electricity and natural gas markets to other areas of energy, including oil. This holistic approach to the subject is then placed within the broader context of the international geopolitical sphere which EU energy law and policy operates, as the author considers the impact of regional and international energy policies and markets on the EU markets and the overall EU policy. He also draws on the wider context and takes into account n-legal factors such as the impact of unconventionals, the rise of the BRICS, and the 'Arab spring'. The book frames EU energy law as a topic that can provoke intellectual, political, and professional discussion about the slowly moving train of ecomic regulation under the typical pressures and contradictions of countries and the European Union in the global ecomy.
- Author BiographyKim Talus is a Professor of European Law at the University of Eastern Finland and the Director of the LLM programme for international and European energy law and policy. He is also the Editor-in-Chief for OGEL, a leading international energy law journal. His research and other activities focus on European and international energy law and policy and he has authored numerous books and articles in these areas of energy law. He is a frequent speaker at international conferences and has held teaching roles in Germany, United States, and Australia.
- Author(s)Kim Talus
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight678 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.