Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionI am houred to have been invited to write the foreword to this book. Since the publi- tion of Professional Sport in the EU: Regulation and Re-regulation (edited by Andrew Caiger and Simon Gardiner, T.M.C. Asser Press 2000), there have been a number of dev- opments in the European Union in sports law, both in the European Commission and the European Court of Justice. The most significant of these was probably the adoption by the Commission of the White Paper on Sport on 11 July 2007. The White Paper takes stock of the acquis communautaire - the rather prodigious body of European Law including judgements and preliminary rulings of the ECJ - in the sports field and sets out the position of the Commission on three significant aspects of European sport: its societal role, its ecomic dimension, and its governance. The White Paper also contains concrete proposals for further EU action as part of an Action Plan named after Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic Games.
- Author BiographySimon Gardiner is Reader in Sports Law at the Leeds Law School, Leeds Metropolitan University. Richard Parrish is Director of the Centre for Sports Law Research at Edge Hill University. Robert C. R. Siekmann is Director of the ASSER International Sports Law Centre.
- PublisherT.M.C. Asser Press
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleAsser International Sports Law Series
- Place of PublicationThe Hague
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintT.M.C. Asser Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1150 g
- Width160 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byRichard Parrish,Robert C. R. Siekmann,Simon Gardiner
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.