All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionPractitioners of European Union environmental law are faced with a substantial and growing body of legislation and case law in the areas of waste and waste management. It is regularly the subject of preliminary rulings by the European Court of Justice and has led to a number of infringement procedures by the European Commission. Now in its second edition, this work provides a comprehensive overview of the Regulations, Directives and the EU's approach to waste. Written by a practitioner with over 20 years of experience in the field, this is an authoritative guide to how environmental law is applied in practice.
- Author BiographyAn alumnus of the College of Europe, Bruges (promotion Stefan Zweig), Geert van Calster is an independent legal practitioner at the Brussels Bar. His boutique practice focus is on EU and international regulatory law (especially environment), conflict of laws (private international law), and international and EU economic law. Geert is professor in the University of Leuven and Head of Leuven Law's department of European and international law. Geert has extensive experience in the field of waste law. Recent assignments in the area include strategic advice on W2E - Waste to Energy particularly in Northern Europe and the Baltic; advice on single authorised agents, and the WEEE and medical devices Directives; the impact of the Habitats Directive on mining activities; export of wastes cases (in particular: outside of the EU); import of hazardous waste from Africa into the EU; the application of REACH to the waste sector; import of waste from the US, as a resource for the renewable energy sector; and international prosecution of illegal waste shipments.
- Author(s)Geert van Calster
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight882 g
- Width185 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.