All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable information source about cast iron holloware of the pre-Griswold and Wagner era for collectors, museum curators, reenactors, and hearth cooking aficionados. It is the first book to document cast iron pots, skillets, spiders, pans, kettles, teakettles, Dutch ovens, and mortars, plus several items in brass, from the seventeenth through nineteenth centuries, spanning the years 1645 to 1900. Over 350 photos illustrate identifiable changes in the manufacturing techlogies and the vessel forms. Line drawings and detail photos enable the reader to correctly date the objects they find. The engaging text is a product of forty years of collecting and wide-ranging research. Most of the vessels are illustrated in print for the first time. Many of these objects have been seen occasionally in antiques shops or at auctions, but they have never before been identified in the literature. This will be a standard reference book for many years to come.
- Author BiographyA former museum curator and longtime blacksmith and collector of cast iron holloware, John Tyler lives with his wife Darlene near Carlisle, Pennsylvania, where the product of Pennsylvania's many ironworks is plentiful. The cast iron industry has been his special interest for more than fifty years.
- Author(s)John Tyler
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2013
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note365 color & 8 b/w photos
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.