All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $61.59Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis Story is Told in Pictures so children 3 to 6 can read the pictures and enjoy the story. Waking up early one morning, Early Birdy watches Mother Birdy catch a worm. Inspired, Early Birdy wants to catch one too. But catching a worm isn t as easy as it looks. Join Early Birdy on an exciting and funny adventure set in a beautiful springtime forest environment created by illustrator Bill Bolton. Don t be surprised to find yourself smiling from ear to ear . Don t for one minute think you re going to read (aka narrate) this story to your child because you re the adult and your child is, well, the child. Your child can read the pictures as well as you can. A fact that changes how this story will be read: this is a story you and your child can read together. You might start the collaboration by asking a question: You: What do you see in this picture? Child: A little baby birdy is waking up You: And in the next picture? Child: A big bird is catching a worm. You: Meanwhile back in the nest? Child: The little birdy is watching. Child: He wants to catch a worm, too. He flies down. Child: He sees a worm. Child: He bites it. Child: And then uh oh! That s t a worm! See what just happened? you and your child were reading the book together, until your child got much too excited to wait for you to ask a question. Suddenly your preschooler is telling the story as fast as she can turn the pages. And you re thinking, Wait a minute! My 3-year-old doesn t kw how to read. But she s so excited I can t stop her from telling the story. She s running away with the story. What happened to our quiet little game of question and answer?
- Author BiographyAs one of North America s most popular children s poets and authors of children s fiction, Bruce Lansky has turned millions of children 6 to 12 into poetry and fiction lovers. Now he is attempting something a lot harder and succeeding: He has created stories for children 3 to 6 that are so engaging and entertaining, that kids who haven t learned how to read words yet are reading the pictures and telling the stories. They re a little shy at first. So a parent or teacher asks them what they see in the first picture. The child answers. the adult asks about the second picture, and before you know what is happening, the child is turning the pages and telling the story. Bruce Lansky has already created three PictuReading stories. They are being released one at a time. This is the first one. Use it to turn your child into a PictuReading book lover.
- Author(s)Bruce Lansky
- PublisherMeadowbrook Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeadowbrook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width221 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bill Bolton
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.