All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionPossibly more than any other field of education, early child- hood education has been an international phemen. The great pioneers of the field--Friedrich Froebel of Germany, Maria Montessori of Italy, Margaret McMillan and Susan Isaacs of England--all saw their influence expand weIl beyond the borders of their native lands. Froebelian kindergartens, Montessorischools, and nursery schools designed along the English model have flourished in many lands during this century and the last. The international perspective is less important in early childhood education today. The research work done in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s, along with the development of differ- ent conceptual models of early childhood education, had an impact on early childhood education research, policies, and practices through- out the world. Ideas from many lands continue to influence the field as information becomes available through national journals, the ERIC system, and such international journals as OMEP's IntePnationaZ JouPnaZ of EarZy ChiZdhood. Thus, the International Congress in Early Childhood Education convened in Tel Aviv, Israel, in January 1980 represented and ex- tension of existing international perspectives in the field rather than a new thrust. The Congress provided opportunities for scholars, researchers and practitioners to present their ideas and report their work. It afforded an opportunity for each one to interact with others in the same field who might ordinarily have been separated by thou- sands of miles or who might be familiar by name only.
- Author(s)Nechama Nir-Janiv
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight946 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.