All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionELLCO helps administrators, supervisors, and program directors gather the crucial data schools need to strengthen classroom quality and build better literacy programs, both by improving teacher development and comparing their practices with others.Originally published in 2002, ELLCO was developed to measure classroom environments and their effects on early literacy and language development in pre-K through third grade. To strengthen the usefulness of the tool and better address the differences in settings between pre-school and early elementary classrooms, the new edition is divided into 2 parts: pre-K and kindergarten through third grade. The tools for each age group are parallel in design and layout with the same scoring system and the same level of guidance for use and interpretation.The new tool w consists of only 2 elements, the Classroom Observation and Teacher Interview. This edition includes descriptors for all 5 scoring levels. The User's Guides provide more information on how to use and interpret the results, including guidelines for conducting classroom observations, limiting bias in scoring, scoring guidance, providing feedback, research use, and data collection tips. Additions include research-based practices for increasing reading fluency, phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, and more.
- Author BiographyMiriam W. Smith is Consultant, Educational Development Center (EDC). Joanne P. Brady is Vice President and Director, Center for Children and Families (CCF), EDC. Louisa Anastasopoulos is Research Associate, CCF, EDC. Nancy Clark-Chiarelli is Principal Research Scientist, CCF, EDC.
- Author(s)Joanne P. Brady,Louisa Anastasopoulos,Miriam W. Smith
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Weight703 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statement5 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.