All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an insight into the dynamics and complexities of learning and teaching English as a foreign language at primary level. Taking a Dynamic Systems Theory perspective, the chapters present the findings of longitudinal research undertaken in Croatia into the development of English in young learners. The book includes both qualitative and quantitative research and provides insights into internal individual learner factors and external micro and macro contextual factors which impact English learner development. Importantly, it tackles the unique position of English in today's globalised world in detail. It therefore makes a major contribution to work on learning English by the digitalised generation and to understanding the impact of practices in the modern EFL classroom. The volume will appeal to anyone interested in new ways of researching the complex and dynamic phemen of the early learning of English.
- Author BiographyJelena Mihaljevic Djigunovic worked as a Professor of SLA and TEFL at the University of Zagreb, Croatia till she retired in October 2014. Her main research interests centre around teaching modern languages to young learners and affect in language learning. She has been involved in a number of large scale research projects, the latest one being Early Language Learning in Europe (ELLiE). Marta Medved Krajnovic holds the position of Associate Professor in the Department of English at the University of Zagreb, Croatia. Currently Director of Stockholm International School, she is leading the school's strategic development. Her main research interests centre around dynamism and complexity of multilingual development in both children and adults.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume Number86
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight368 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJelena Mihaljevic Djigunovic,Marta Medved Krajnovic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.