All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionOtto Pacht's studies of the Early Netherlandish painters are the fruit of a lifetime's research. This work is based on his lectures as Professor of Art History at the University of Vienna. The author is distinguished by his close attention to formal analysis and the proximity of the illustrations to the text enhances his account of the great figures of the 15th and early 16th century: Rogier van der Weyden, Petrus Christus, Aelbert van Ouwater, Dieric Bouts, Justus van Gent, Hugo van der Goes, Geertgen tot Sint Jans, Hans Memling and Gerard Davis. One feature of this book is the folding plate, in colour, of Rogier van der Weyden's huge Last Judgement altarpiece commissioned by Nicolas Rolin, Chancellor of Burgundy, for the chapel of the hospital, the Hotel-Dieu, in Beaune.
- Author(s)Otto Pacht
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Note33 colour illustrations, 188 b&w illustrations
- Weight1465 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byDavid Britt
- Volume editorMonika Rosenauer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.