All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- Description<b>One of the Best Books of the Year: <i>San Francisco Chronicle</i></b> It s 1953, and the Langdons are at a crossroads. Walter, their stalwart patriarch, has died unexpectedly, and his wife must try to keep their farm going. But of their five children, only one will remain to work the land. The others scatter to Washington, DC, California, and everywhere in between. As the country moves into the Cold War, through the social revolutions of the 60s and 70s, and into the unprecedented wealth for some of the early 80s, the Langdon children have children of their own: twin boys who are best friends and vicious rivals; a girl whose rebellious spirit takes her to the torious Peoples Temple in San Francisco; and a golden boy who drops out of college to fight in Vietnam leaving behind a secret legacy. Capturing a transformative period through characters we come to kw and love, this second volume in Jane Smiley's epic trilogy brings to life the challenges and rewards of family and home, even in the most turbulent of times.
- Author BiographyJane Smileyis the author of numerous novels, including<i>A Thousand Acres, </i>which was awarded the Pulitzer Prize, and most recently, <i>Some Luck, </i>the first volume of The Last Hundred Years trilogy, long-listed for the National Book Award. She is also the author of five works of nonfiction and a series of books for young adults. A member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, she has also received the PEN Center USA Lifetime Achievement Award for Literature. She lives in Northern California.
- Author(s)Jane Smiley
- PublisherAnchor Books
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleLast Hundred Years Trilogy: A Family Saga
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight363 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.