All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMinimalism, savagery, the raw and the cooked, the primal and the pre-verbal, Elvis's hips, The Rite of Spring ...Earth Dances is an original investigation of how music and primitivism intersect - a dazzling journey through music and culture. With alternating chapters of criticism and interviews, including with Liza Lim and Brian E, composer and broadcaster Andrew Ford explores the relationship between primal forms of music and the most refined examples of the art - between passion and control. He looks at the voice, the drum, the drone and the dance, at 'music that is in touch with something fundamental in our existence, music that seeks and rediscovers the earthy side of our nature, the primitive, the 'simple, rude or rough', and in doing so restores and resets our humanity.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Andrew Ford
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width153 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.