All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe earth's climate is getting hotter, and this warming affects habitats, food chains, and life cycles around the world. It also affects the habitat of every single animal on the planet. But the animals themselves can't stop the warming...who can? The answer is: PEOPLE CAN! Brenda Guiberson takes a unique look at global warming by focusing on how it affects animal environments and what kids can do to help. Earth is a 2011 NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book.
- Author BiographyBrenda Z. Guiberson has written many books for children, including Cactus Hotel, Spoonbill Swamp, Moon Bear and Disasters. As a child, Brenda never thought she wanted to be a writer--her dreams tended more toward jungle explorer. She graduated from the University of Washington with degrees in English and Fine Art. She started thinking about writing for children when her son went to elementary school, and she volunteered in his class and in the school library. After taking exciting trips that involved a fifty-foot cactus, hungry alligators and sunset-colored spoonbills, she wanted to create books for children that would be like a field trip. Her books are full of well-researched detail, and Brenda sees this research as an adventure--one that allows her to be a jungle explorer at last. She lives in Seattle, Washington.Chad Wallace has been a freelance illustrator of children's books for more than ten years. Chad spends a great deal of time outdoors, and draws inspiration from the natural world. He has won multiple awards for his art.
- Author(s)Brenda Z Guiberson
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication16/03/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width226 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.