CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2040 the planet is in the throes of uncontrolled climate changes. Resource poor and population rich countries are clamoring for help from richer nations weary of sharing their dwindling resources. Extremist factions on both sides are ready to resort to extreme measures. The use of nuclear weapons is seen as an acceptable tool to achieve their goals of wealth redistribution or preservation of the status quo. With governments paralyzed by uncertain scenarios, Gudoi Macer, the head of a group of American scientists working on a new carbon-free energy source, uses breakthrough quantum techlogy he has developed to defuse the potential for a Russian-Chinese nuclear conflict and to foul the plans of a rogue faction of the American military to control the policy of the United States. Earth Fire mixes realistic Climate Change projections with a science fiction scenario based on what could be a new approach to quantum mechanics.
- Author BiographyA PhD chemist, Stefano has worked for some of the largest chemical multinationals over a 25 year career in research and marketing. Upon his retirement he started a not-for-profit organization promoting new approaches to energy procurement and increased use of renewable energy by municipalities. His interest in climate change brought him to speculate on its effects on our not so distant future. Using climate projections issued by the IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - Stefano has written Earth Fire, a story that mixes a realistic future with a science fiction scenario based on what could be a new approach to quantum mechanics.
- Author(s)Dr Stefano Crema
- PublisherCrema Publishing
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrema Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.