All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionEarth surface processes, landforms and sediment deposits are intimately related - involving erosion of rocks, generation of sediment, and transport and deposition of sediment through various Earth surface environments. These processes, and the landforms and deposits that they generate, have a fundamental bearing on engineering, environmental and public safety issues; on recovery of ecomic resources; and on our understanding of Earth history. This textbook brings together the traditional disciplines of sedimentology and geomorphology to explain Earth surface processes, landforms and sediment deposits in a comprehensive and integrated way. It is the ideal resource for a two-semester course in sedimentology, stratigraphy, geomorphology, and Earth surface processes from the intermediate undergraduate to beginning graduate level. The book is also accompanied by a website hosting illustrations and material on field and laboratory methods for measuring, describing and analyzing Earth surface processes, landforms and sediments.
- Author BiographyJohn Bridge was awarded a Ph.D. from St Andrews University, Scotland, in 1973. He now holds the position of Professor of Geological Sciences at the State University of New York at Binghamton where his research interests focus on fluvial sedimentology, turbulent water flow and sediment transport. Professor Bridge has served on the editorial boards of several sedimentology journals and he is also the author/editor of two other books. Robert Demicco was awarded a Ph.D. from The Johns Hopkins University in 1973. He is now Professor of Geology at State University of New York at Binghamton where his research interests focus on carbonate sedimentology and applications of fuzzy logic to geology. Professor Demicco is the author/editor of two books on these topics.
- Author(s)John Bridge,Robert Demicco
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note717 b/w illus. 8 colour illus.
- Weight2000 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine44 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.