All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover how you can build an amazing variety of structures using little more than the earth beneath your feet. Earthbag building is revolutionizing how people around the world are thinking about ways of providing shelter, both temporary and permanent. Such buildings can be remarkably durable and resistant to earthquakes, floods, fires and even bullets. Kelly Hart describes the basics of how to build this way, provides a history of the evolving techlogy and delves into detailed descriptions of the many different earthbag projects that he has been involved with over nearly two decades. A survey of 64 unique buildings from around the world proves just how versatile this approach to building can be. A look to the future of earthbag building and a Resource Guide complete the book. Some 240 color photographs help you visualize the possibilities of this unusual and sustainable approach to architecture.
- Author BiographyKelly Hart has been involved in media most of his life, initially working as a professional photographer, and then branching into cinematography and animation. He has produced many film, video and DVD programs related to his interests in sustainable architecture, cultural education, and animal behavior. As a writer, he has established several websites related to sustainable architecture and written numerous articles on this topic. www.greenhomebuilding.com has been active since 2000 and www.dreamgreenhomes.com was established soon after. Now he hosts www.earthbagbuilding.com and www.naturalbuildingblog.com as well. Kelly has had a lifelong interest in building and has worked in construction professionally. For many years he did remodeling for clients and also on his own projects. He once built his own house with innovative earthbags and papercrete. Together, Kelly and his wife, Rosana Hart, produce video programs and publish books and market them. Their website www.hartworks.com describes many of the books and DVDs that they sell. One DVD that they produced is titled A Sampler of Alternative Homes: Approaching Sustainable Architecture, which profiles numerous natural building methods and tours many homes and interviews the builders or owners. This program, along with one about building an earthbag house, called Building with Bags is available on the websites. www.sunvee.com describes a solar electric vehicle that Kelly built and drove around his community for many years. Kelly continues to be an advocate for sustainable living through his writing and occasionally training people in specific building techniques.
- Author(s)Kelly Hart
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Foreword byDr Owen Geiger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.