All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.18
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.20
About this product
- DescriptionEach year there are millions of earthquakes. Most are mild tremors that cause damage. They usually go unticed. But a few earthquakes can be devastating, like the one that struck San Francisco in 1989 and destroyed hundreds of homes. Earthquakes happen under the ocean, too. If the quakes are strong eugh, the shocks create ermous waves. Such powerful waves roll across the ocean at high speeds and may cause more damage when they hit land than the earthquake itself. What causes the Earth to quiver and shake? This basic introduction explains why the Earth's surface sometimes moves. It shows young readers how scientists believe the earth is made, from its hot iron core to the ermous floating plates that form the cool outer crust where we live. David L. Harrison and Cheryl Nathan examine the nature and causes of earthquakes in vivid, easy-to-understand language and bold illustrations.
- Author Biography<b>David L. Harrison </b>holds degrees in science and has a keen interest in how nature works. This is his fifth book in the Earthworks series. He lives in Springfield, Missouri. <b>Cheryl Nathan </b>has worked as an art director and designer in advertising, journalism, and book publishing, and she has illustrated a number of nature books for children. She lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Author(s)David L Harrison
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleEarthworks Series
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width207 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Cheryl Nathan
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.