All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $30.23Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.87
About this product
- DescriptionUrsula Le Guin's groundbreaking fantasy sagas form the basis of these two BBC Radio full-cast dramatisations. 'Earthsea' is based on the first three books in the 'Earthsea' cycle. It tells the stories of Ged and Tenar, inhabitants of a vast archipelago where magic is part of life. Young wizard Ged releases a terrible shadow into the world and must risk everything to restore the balance. Meanwhile, Tenar is taken from her home and family to become Arha, priestess and guardian of the omius Tombs of Atuan...Based on Ursula Le Guin's award-winning masterpiece, 'The Left Hand of Darkness' is set on Gethen, a world in the grip of an Ice Age whose people are ambigendered - both male and female, and neither. Genly Ai has been sent from Earth on the biggest mission of his life: to persuade the people of Gethen to join the Ekumen, a union of planets. But his task is fraught with danger. Ursula Le Guin is one of the most influential SF writers of the 20th Century, and these two dramatisations of her seminal vels will immerse you in magical worlds rich with wizards, dragons, endless sw plains and perilous ice sheets. Among the cast are Lesley Sharp (Scott & Bailey) and Toby Jones (Dad's Army). This CD edition also includes a bonus interview disc in which Ursula Le Guin discusses her life and work. Duration: 5 hours 25 minutes approx.
- Author BiographyUrsula Kroeber Le Guin was born in 1929 in Berkeley, and lives in Portland, Oregon. As of 2015, she has published twenty-one novels, eleven volumes of short stories, four collections of essays, twelve books for children, six volumes of poetry and four of translation, and has received many honors and awards including Hugo, Nebula, National Book Award, PEN-Malamud, and the National Book Foundation Medal. Her most recent publications are The Unreal and the Real: Selected Stories of Ursula K. Le Guin, 2012, and Steering the Craft: A 21st-Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story, 2015.
- Author(s)Ursula K. Le Guin
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight173 g
- Width141 mm
- Height138 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Read byFull Cast,James McArdle,Toby Jones
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time325
- Edition StatementA&M
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.