All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume tells the story of the importance of the Confucian traditions and why and how Confucian texts were reinterpreted within the different ambiances and contexts around East Asia. The vitality of East Asian Confucianisms stems from the desire of Confucian thinkers to interpret the core values of the Confucian classics in line with conditions and changes in their own times and location. Although all the interpretations that were advanced in China, Korea and Japan were specific to their own era, they do still share some themes. This book reveals that East Asian Confucianisms forms an intellectual community that is transnational and multi-lingual and has evolved in interaction between Confucian universal values and the local conditions present in each East Asian country.
- Author BiographyDr. Chun-chieh Huang is Dean of the Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences, National Taiwan University.
- Author(s)Chun-Chieh Huang
- PublisherV&R unipress GmbH
- Date of Publication17/06/2015
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleGlobal East Asia
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&R unipress GmbH
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.