All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew A. Michta examines the security of Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Hungary in the aftermath of the 1989 collapse of communism and the Soviet empire in Eastern Europe. He reviews the old geopolitical dilemmas in the region as well as the new conditions in Europe as it approaches the remainder of the decade, and offers a country-by-country discussion of security policies and military reforms underway in the region. The analysis is set against a background discussion of the region's history as well as a review of the key events leading to the disintegration of the Warsaw Treaty Organization, including the reformulation of Soviet security policy in the late 1980s. Michta concludes with an assessment of security challenges facing the Triangle states of Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Hungary as they work to join Western Europe by the end of the decade. He argues that the Triangle will remain in a gray security zone in Europe for the foreseeable future, with an implicit security commitment from NATO, but without explicit formal security guarantees.
- Author BiographyANDREW A. MICHTA is Assistant Professor of International Studies at Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee, where he holds the Metrie Willigar Buckman Chair of International Studies. Dr. Michta is the author of Red Eagle: The Army in Polish Politics, 1944-1988, and a number of articles on Soviet and East European politics.
- Author(s)Andrew A. Michta
- Date of Publication17/03/1992
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 296.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Weight478 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.