All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionEast Lothian, previously kwn as Haddingtonshire, has both benefitted and suffered from its strategic location between Scotland's capital city and England's rthernmost county. Prior to 1707, the region bore the brunt of battles between the two countries, t only on land but along 32 miles of coastline. The rich, fertile soils, on the other hand, have produced wealth through agriculture and the patchwork of large, neat fields are synymous with the landscape of East Lothian today. The proximity to Edinburgh makes it a prime location from which to commute. Attractive pantiled properties abound throughout the villages and countryside, all within short distances of the clean beaches or links golf courses, while tranquillity can also be found in the woodlands or gentle moorland slopes of the Lammermuir Hills. The reminders of troubled times can be viewed today by a stroll around a castle, but twenty-first-century East Lothian is thriving.
- Author BiographyLiz Hanson was born in Kidderminster in 1950, but moved to Edinburgh in 1969 and has lived in the Scottish Borders for 35 years. Qualified as a medical technician, her career in microbiology was spent between Edinburgh hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. Photography has been a hobby since her teenage years (and still is a passion). Due to redundancy, a small business was started making photographic cards of borders landscapes. This became established, and is still operative to this day, having recently expanded into the production of books. Liz lives in Peeblesshire with her husband. East Lothian Through Time is her third book with Amberley.
- Author(s)Liz Hanson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.