All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe play that gave birth to the smash-hit film - a wonderful comedy about growing up in multiracial Salford. Pakistani chip-shop owner George Khan - 'Genghis' to his kids - is determined to give his six children a strict Muslim upbringing against the unforgiving backdrop of 1970s Salford. Household tensions reach breaking point as their long-suffering English mother, Ella, gets caught in the crossfire - her loyalty divided between her marriage and the free will of her children. Ayub Khan Din's 'astonishingly assured first play' (Bimingham Post) premiered in 1996, in a co-production between Tamasha Theatre Company, Birmingham Rep and the Royal Court. The film adaptation that followed, with a screenplay by the author, became one of the most successful British films ever made. The play was revived as part of Jamie Lloyd's Trafalgar Transformed season at the Trafalgar Studios, London, in October 2014, featuring Ayub Khan Din as George and Jane Horrocks as Ella.
- Author BiographyAyub Khan Din is a British Pakistani actor and playwright. His play East is East won the John Whiting and Writers Guild Awards and the film version won Best Film at the British Comedy Awards. Other work includes Last Dance at Dum Dum and Notes on Falling Leaves, both staged by the Royal Court and Rafta, Rafta for the National Theatre, later filmed as All In Good Time.
- Author(s)Ayub Khan-Din
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementWest End edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.