All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionRiver and canal walks can have special appeal, the scenery always changing due to flowing water, weirs, locks and the changing countryside. Ireland's rivers and canals are rich in wildlife, history and folklore, and many can be explored on mostly flat, little-used trails. These hidden corridors of wildness through rural and urban Ireland reveal remnants of a time when trade, transport and industry in Ireland revolved around water rather than roads. Lenny Antonelli introduces some of the best river and canal trails in the east and east midlands, from short strolls to a five-day trek along the Barrow. These walks encompass iconic Irish rivers such as the Liffey, the Boyne and the Nore; and waterways such as the Grand and Royal Canals. There are lesser-kwn trails here too, from ravines in the Slieve Bloom Mountains to the young rivers of Wicklow's deep wooded valleys. For those new to walking, these trails form easy introductions. For experienced walkers, they provide new and less-trodden paths through places of unexpected beauty.
- Author BiographyLenny Antonelli is a journalist and writer whose focus is the outdoors and the environment. He contributes to a variety of national and international publications. A keen walker and camper, he is happiest when outside.
- Author(s)Lenny Antonelli
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content NoteMap and photos
- Weight209 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.