All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReminiscences of growing up in Gisborne, New Zealand, which is a town serving a farming community. June lived by the Waimata River; she had her friends had lots of fun on the water. Gisborne is rewned for its beaches, too. There are tales of school age antics, and then more from when June was a young teacher in the country. The book describes wartime rationing, food choices available in NZ in the mid 20th Century, and the author's experiences driving a 1939 de Soto. This story of a young life on the East Coast in New Zealand is set in the 1940s and and 1950s.
- Author BiographyJune Allen, Life member of Playwrights Association of New Zealand, has written of her experiences growing up in a quiet seaside town in New Zealand.
- Author(s)June Allen
- PublisherKwizzel Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintKwizzel Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.