All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays collected in Eastern Cauldron describe and explain the resurgence of Islamic fundamentalism, the fate of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan and its aftermath, and above all the Palestinian conflict - in which the regional stakes are so dramatically embodied and contested. Achcar analyzes the social bases, strategies and tactics of PLO, Hizbollah, Israel and the United States from the establishment of the state of Israel to the second Intifada. He pinpoints the contradictions of the Israeli state - seeking at the same time to be Jewish and yet democratic - and the impact of these contradictions on all parties to the conflict.
- Author(s)Gilbert Achcar
- PublisherMonthly Review Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonthly Review Press,U.S.
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.45Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.